Lexington photographer Ayna Lorenzo (mothwingphoto.com), asked me and my "breast friend" Maggie Lanham to do a photo shoot together around Lexington. We finally coordinated a day and a time, but some interesting things happened last minute. Ayna originally intended for us to dress in bohemian-style garb with lots of flowy fabrics, messy locks and gypsy jewelry. Yet, neither Maggie nor I have much in our closet to realize such looks. I found a few outfits, but with my "opposite-of-a-Free People-figure," the bohemian outfits were far from flowy. The fabrics clung around my rounded areas, whereas Free People models are all angles. Hence, in these outfits, I ended up looking either like a 90's Bongo jeans advertisement, or looking as if I should jump on top of the bar at Coyote Ugly and get mad at people for ordering water. All this to say, we texted Ayna the night before about our qualms, and she was very flexible and spontaneous, telling us to show up in whatever outfits we wanted, as long as we wore lots of jewelry. Sitting outside of Grater's, eating ice-cream the night before, Maggie and I decided over mint chocolate chip scoops to go with for a minimalist edge (her go-to) and limit ourselves to black, white and gold.
In addition to the last minute change, Ayna dealt with some other kinks in the plan:
- a left at home memory stick
- giggling, ridiculously-humored "breast friends" who were having trouble posing all sexy-like together, but having no trouble making fun of each other
- finding the correct lighting with this building that took up a block
- Sarah saying, "Oh we can just change back here behind the building" and then a homeless man emerged from slumbering in the trees and riding off on his bike
- Sarah stepping in vomit, probably belonging to aforementioned guy
- Ayna being attacked by ALL the bugs while photographing
- the cops driving up to the building, having been notified by security, thinking that we were vandalizing the giant building
- us explaining our innocence, supported by our garb and Ayna's camera, because why would we be the most fashionable robbers in Lexington's criminal history?!?!
All that being said: Ayna worked her wonders despite these occurrences. Here are the results: